VIKI NEEDED TO ALERT ON TRENDS IN REAL-TIME
- Wanted to compute analytics, like percentiles and success rates, in real-time for alerting on trends instead of individual container performance
- Needed to high-resolution data to capture problems before they impact users
- Required open source instrumentation so they could easily integrate with existing technologies like Docker and Elasticsearch, as well as build their own tooling if needed
- Now have ability to perform real-time trend analysis by instrumenting metrics at one second intervals with multiple dimensions, and using SignalFlow analytics
- Have been able to reduce alert noise through trend- and service-based triggers
- Consistently catch issues before they impact user experience
Viki is a global TV site where millions of people watch their favorite shows, movies, celebrity news and more. Their content has been subtitled into 200+ languages by a community of avid fans. And as part of the Rakuten family, Viki has partners for sourcing original content and signs distribution deals with companies like Yahoo, Hulu, MSN, and NBC.